Bulk packaged dog food is affordable and practical, but it does not deliver vitamins and minerals in the same way that Vitanibs' premium ingredients, made in small batches guarantees. Fresh food diets, while popular and beneficial if done right, also pose a risk that your dog's daily nutrition needs may be lacking. Here is a list of essential vitamins and minerals and where they are found in nature.
Vitanibs provides the best way to guarantee they are in your dog's diet every single day!
- Found in: Carrots, spinach, sweet potatoes, fish oil, & eggs.
- Benefits: Weight loss, fights disease, eye & skin health
- Found in: Whole grains (such as brown rice or teff), green vegetables, & beans.
- Benefits: Aids in cell growth & development
- Found in: Many fruits & vegetables, such as potatoes, green beans & zucchini.
- Benefits: Immune boosting promotes healing & fights illness
- Found in: Fish oil, egg yolks, beef & cottage cheese.
- Benefits: Strengthens bone & teeth
- Found in: Leafy green vegetables (like kale), seeds (such as chia seeds), & whole grains.
- Benefits: Eye & skin health, a powerful antioxidant
- Found in: Leafy green vegetables, cabbage & fish.
- Benefits: Blood-clotting keeps bones strong
Minerals come from a variety of sources and play unique roles in conjunction with the essential vitamins listed above.
Calcium & Phosphorus
- Found in: Tofu, green beans, broccoli, and cauliflower (calcium). Meats, eggs & fish (phosphorus)
- Benefits: Blood coagulation, muscle growth and nervous system function in dogs
- Caution! Too much can cause fractures, bone deformities, & weakness. Too little can lead to abnormal growth & development
Potassium, Sodium & Chloride
- Found in: Fruits, vegetables, and grains.
- Benefits: Control the balance inside and outside the body's cells. Assists in the function of muscles, nervous system & heart. Chloride helps in the production of stomach acid.
- Caution! Imbalances can lead to weakness, hair loss, dehydration and in some instances, paralysis. A deficiency in potassium means abnormal heartbeat
- Found in: Nuts, whole grains, and leafy vegetables.
- Benefits: Aids in muscle and bone development. Helps with calcium absorption
- Caution! Magnesium, calcium & phosphorus are joined in pet health harmony. One cannot function without the other.
- Found in: Eggs, fish, meat & molasses.
- Benefits: Beautiful hair, nails & skin.
- Found in: Red meats, fish, poultry, eggs, and legumes.
- Benefits: Oxygenating red blood cells, strengthening the immune system & production of energy.
- Found in: Eggs, pork, liver, brewer's yeast, and lamb meat.
- Benefits: Boosts immune systems, aids in healthy hair and skin. Protein digestion.
- Found in: Seafood, dairy, and kelp.
- Benefits: Production of thyroid hormone for metabolism.
- Found in: Seafood, meat, brown rice, and vegetables.
- Benefits: Paired with vitamin E to promote the immune system.
- Found in: Seafood, whole grains, seeds, and legumes.
Benefits: Bone growth & promotes the use of iron.